Room Darkening Curtain Rod

Room Darkening Curtain Rod | A curtain valance is in reality a short cloth curtain throughout the top third of the window that hides the curtain track or rod. Sometimes people also refer to a pelmet or hard panel that covers of the question track as a curtain-valance. Whatever the name, this curtain valance decoration is usually a real asset when decorating a room, drawing a person’s eye and complimenting accent furniture.

Valances might be simple or elaborate, with regards to the nature in the room. The valance does not always have to be in the same fabric because the curtain panel, either, lending it even more decorating versatility.

Valances might be hung with a double rod that also anchors the panels or under curtains. Rods might be adjusted out from the wall to allow for clearance during these other curtains. Many times valances alone are utilized to allow maximum light to penetrate from of the question.

See also: Coral Damask Curtains

There are several different types of curtain-valances, and these can all be embellished with pleats, tassels, and lace for infinite variations with a style. Some in the most common valance styles include swag, scarf, and balloon, pleated, rod pocket, festoon, jabot, tab-top, and shirred.

Curtain-valances also can add charm to a door window. You can even use a valance that sits inside of the question. To do this, you can use a spring rod in the top and bottom of of the question and your valance then it sits right inside of the question for any contemporary look. This also can work for strange shaped windows like circles and diagonals as the spring rod will hold the valance in the right spot.