Marble Curtain Rod Finials

Marble Curtain Rod Finials | A curtain valance is in reality a short cloth curtain through the top third of your window that hides the curtain track or rod. Sometimes people also make reference to a pelmet or hard panel that covers of the question track being a curtain-valance. Whatever the name, this curtain valance decoration can be a real asset when decorating a place, drawing a person’s eye and complimenting accent furniture.

Valances could be simple or elaborate, depending on the nature of the room. The valance doesn’t invariably should be inside the same fabric as the curtain panel, either, lending it more decorating versatility.

Valances could be hung on a double rod which also anchors the panels or under curtains. Rods could be adjusted out of the wall to allow for clearance during these other curtains. Many times valances alone are widely-used to allow maximum light to penetrate from of the question.

See also: Better Homes Sheer Curtains

There are a couple of various kinds of curtain-valances, and the can all be embellished with pleats, tassels, and lace for infinite variations on a style. Some of the most common valance styles include swag, scarf, and balloon, pleated, rod pocket, festoon, jabot, tab-top, and shirred.

Curtain-valances also can add charm to a door window. You can even have a very valance that sits inside of the question. To do this, you are able to use a spring rod on top and bottom of of the question and your valance in order that it sits right inside of the question for the contemporary look. This also can work for strange shaped windows like circles and diagonals for the reason that spring rod will hold the valance inside the right spot.