168 Inch Curtain Rod

168 Inch Curtain Rod | A curtain valance is actually a short cloth curtain throughout the top third of the window that hides the curtain track or rod. Sometimes people also make reference to a pelmet or hard panel that covers of the question track like a curtain-valance. Whatever the name, this curtain valance decoration is usually a real asset when decorating a room, drawing a persons vision and complimenting accent furniture.

Valances can be simple or elaborate, depending on the nature with the room. The valance does not always should be inside same fabric since the curtain panel, either, lending it more decorating versatility.

Valances can be hung on a double rod this anchors the panels or under curtains. Rods can be adjusted out of your wall to allow for clearance through these other curtains. Many times valances alone are used to allow maximum light to go in from of the question.

See also: Curved Shower Stall Curtain Rod

There are several different types of curtain-valances, which can all be embellished with pleats, tassels, and lace for infinite variations on a style. Some with the most common valance styles include swag, scarf, and balloon, pleated, rod pocket, festoon, jabot, tab-top, and shirred.

Curtain-valances can also add charm to a door window. You can even have a very valance that sits inside of the question. To do this, it is possible to use a spring rod at the top and bottom of of the question and hang your valance so that it sits right inside of the question for a contemporary look. This can also work for strange shaped windows like circles and diagonals since the spring rod will hold the valance inside right spot.